The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness has always treated the personal information of its clients with the utmost respect and confidentiality.
Further, the Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness is bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of personal information.
This Privacy Statement, sets out important information about privacy protections which the Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness extends to your personal information. It specifically relates to personal information that you provide to us through our websites or through enquiry/booking communications.
How Personal Information is collected
The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
Directly from you, such as when you enter your personal details on the websites (eg during a booking/enquiry request), when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an email or fax;
From third parties such as practitioner referrals.
What Personal Information is Collected
The type of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us.
However, it may include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include details of past or current health conditions;
- personal information you give us when you make a booking. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details; and
- communications between you and us; and
- general information/correspondence about your use of our products and services (for example your feedback on how you found treatments with us).
How Personal Information May Be Used
Personal information is collected so that we can use it for the Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness functions and activities which include, amongst other things:
- processing your treatment/course booking request or enquiry;;
- providing you with confirmation of your treatment/course booking and advising you of any changes to your booking;
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- answering any queries you may have; and
- any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
The personal information collected may also be used to promote and inform you of other services, which we consider, may be of great interest to you. Should we do this, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by emailing back the remove link or by contacting us by using the Contact page of www.mriac.com.au – at which time no further correspondence will be sent which generally informs you of products or services.
Exchange of Personal Information with Third Parties
Your personal information will NEVER be provided (given or sold) to any third parties for their marketing/promotional use.
The personal information collected from you may, however, be disclosed:
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- to alternate practitioners, only when confirmed by you, in order to facilitate your treatment/course booking or enquiry;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information (or can reasonably be assumed to be required to be exchanged to third parties) is collected from you;
- to our business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness websites may record other information as well, as is common with most websites. This information is used to improve the structure and performance of those sites to provide users with an improved service. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used.
The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness gathers usage information from its websites and other websites. This is aggregated for reporting purposes. Personally identifiable characteristics are removed and users remain anonymous. This data is gathered by us to examine Internet trends and demographics and to assist in improving the structure and ease of use of our websites.
Accuracy of Information
The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
That is why we recommend you thoroughly check your treatment and course confirmations which should contain the majority of information.
Should any information not be accurate, please contact The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness immediately on +61 (8) 9381-8116.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending an email using the Contact page of mriac.com.au.
You will be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Security of your information
The Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and accurately.
Please note that this Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
All contents of this website are protected by copyright. The materials on this website may not be modified, distributed, posted or transmitted without the prior written consent of the Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness (MRIAC). Visitors to this website may print out portions of the website of interest to them, for their own private use only. Website contents may not be reproduced in any manner for any other purpose.
MRIAC does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any information or services obtained through this website. MRIAC will not be liable for any damages or losses of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from any use of or defect in the information contained in this website.
MRIAC believes that the information on this website has come from reliable sources, but it cannot assure its completeness or suitability for any purpose. In addition, MRIAC cannot guarantee that the material on this website has not been affected by technical malfunctions or unauthorised tampering. The materials on this website are subject to change without notice.
The information contained in this website is provided for your interest, self development and reference purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for standard forms of medical and or health care. For complete product information and advice on best use of the products and information provided please contact us directly.
Links to or from other Internet sites (“hyperlinks”) are provided as a convenience for users. MRIAC assumes no liability for the content or presentation of linked sites. No representation or warranty is provided for any software that may be downloaded from this Web site.
Contacting the Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness
You can contact the Melaney Ryan Institute of Applied Consciousness through the normal means shown below.